Saturday, February 21, 2009

BAM! Saturday at Work During a Blizzard!

Besides the fact that there is a blizzard going on here in Metro-Detroit... bunch of stuff I want to hit on...

First off... Let me say that it is a "good story" and lately in sports there have not been too many of these to go around. However, I will say that growing up lettering in everything from football to track...this would NOT have happened in my high school.

I grew up in a little area (Lapeer County) and played in the S.T.A. playing against teams nearly twice the size as us. We HATED all the teams that we played and they hated us. Bottom line in all this is that the Coach made the mistake of not putting all his players in the scorebook... and that is the reason I wouldnt feel bad at all toeing the line and knocking down two free throws. 

So let me get this straight... this idiot can bench more than two of the top tackles in the NFL draft? I am not sure what angle to take on this... basically the lineman need to start hitting the rack a little harder or the kids at USC need to lay off the juice!

To be quite honest with you... I am a little shocked we do not see this a lot more...then again kickers usually do not need to run the 40 or hit the bench at the NFL combine. All these guys have to do is kick and lift!! All the kickers should be running sub 4.8 40's and hitting 225 (what the guys at the combine rep) at least 10-15 times.

If I worked at a bar I would be all for this. However, as a frequent visitor of bars, I would rather our state Government get this to pass!!  I still cannot believe that I have to put up with cigarette smoke when I go out... I would rather fend off stray bullets...wait... what is the difference? 

Anyways, we talked about this today at work on one of the shows and a few cops called in saying that there would be more problems and more issues to deal with. Personally, I like going back to my place after and saving money if we continue to drink after hours....

Slumdog Millionaire should win running away. However, to be honest... I dont care if it doesnt (however, here is a reported leaked list of the winners) . These awards are so overrated and pimp these idiotic movies all the time. Die Hard (obviously the greatest movie of all time) never won best picture! That just proves that the people voting on this are clueless. I will not be watching the Oscars at all... as a matter of fact I will be waiting for HBO's new show to come on... with the Oscars as an afterthought.

The best rivalry in the NBA happens to be on later this evening (9pm EST on NBATV.) I am so sick and tired of Chris Paul. His crying and bitching during the games, the fans of the league pimping this guy being the best player since Jordan and everything in between. Deron Williams has won more than Paul has and head to head he wins virtually every time. Deron and the Jazz have taken out the Celtics and Lakers over the past few games and are one of the hottest teams in the league. 

Utah will win tonight... they will get healthier (Deron finally 100% and Boozer coming back w/in the next week) and Deron will lead them further in the playoffs than Paul and the Hornets. Paul... just keep the tears for the locker room tonight after Deron crosses you up like Iverson putting Jordan down. 

Vince the Shamwow guy is back! This guy is something else... I thought I had seen the last of him...but I guess not. This video came across my way this morning... Simply stunning that someone would even run ad. However, everyone seems to love it. 

On a side note, I would really like this thing! I mean it does seem like it would be easy to clean up and it does have a nice purpose. I hate cutting stuff up!! 


I love Conan and he is the only late night show that I really watch. I cannot wait for him to start his new shift. Jay Leno was a terrible lead in for Conan... I really expect Conan to really blow up and become even more mainstream over the next year. 



No comments:

Post a Comment